Nationwide positions itself as 'people-led' in new campaign
Nationwide is launching a major integrated advertising campaign highlighting what it believes differentiates it from other financial services brands - its people and customer service.
The campaign, by ad agency 18 Feet & Rising, is being fronted with a TV ad that uses time-lapse photography capturing a day-in-the-life of people in the UK, with all advertising activity being underpinned with the tagline, "They say money makes the world go round. We think it’s people."
The TV ad breaks on the nation’s screens in October, although it will appear on Nationwide’s YouTube channel from Friday (1 August). The ad is accompanied with an acoustic version of ‘I Believe in You’ by Kylie Minogue.
Nationwide will also use the campaign internally, while other consumer-facing activity will span media including social, online, in-branch and outdoor.
Content will be unveiled over the coming months, informing consumers of the business’s various initiatives, including its support for various charities and "innovative used of technology to provide great customer service"
The marketing push comes on the back of what Nationwide claims was one of its "most successful years ever".
Stephen Leonard, Nationwide’s chief operating officer for marketing, said: "This campaign represents the customer and people focus that sits at the heart of Nationwide and mutuality and fundamentally differentiates us from the major banks.
"The campaign is absolutely built from the ‘inside out’ – it’s an authentic reflection of the brand truth recognising the things that Nationwide believes in, the values that our customers hold true and the way that our employees put people first."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London