Andrew McGuinness to join Freuds as CEO
Andrew McGuinness, the founder of BMB and chairman of the PR agency Seven Dials, has been appointed the chief executive of Freud Communications.
Andrew McGuinness: joining Freuds as chief executive
At the same time, Freud is taking a "significant minority" stake in Seven Dials, the agency that was founded by BMB and the former Independent editor Simon Kelner. McGuinness will remain the chairman of Seven Dials.
Freud employs 300 people, with profits in excess of £8 million and clients including Pepsi, Mars and Diageo.
Although McGuinness said there were no plans to use his creative agency knowledge to expand the business into advertising, he acknowledged that part of his appeal to Freud was his experience of building businesses beyond their core roots.
Freud and Seven Dials will remain independent of each other. However, Kelner said that Freud’s involvement would help accelerate the growth of Seven Dials.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London