Rajar Q2 2014: Heart rebrand helps reach increase 20%
The expansion of the Heart brand reaped dividends for Global Radio in the second quarter as the network reached 9.07 million listeners a week, an increase of 20.4 per cent year on year.
Heart: network's rebrand boosted Global Radio's reach in Q2
The Heart network expanded in the North of England, Scotland and Wales on 6 May and the second quarter of 2014 included seven weeks of the additional newly rebranded stations.
Although Heart's reach was up year on year, it represented a decline of 0.6 per cent from Q1.
Global Radio's Capital network managed to maintain its audience and position as the second-biggest commercial brand during the quarter, with an average of 7.33 million listeners a week, down 0.7 per cent year on year.
Meanwhile, the next three biggest national stations – Classic FM, Kiss UK and Smooth – all added listeners in the last quarter.
Global Radio's Classic FM grew its reach 2.5 per cent, while stablemate Smooth is increased 6.8 per cent. Bauer Media-owned Kiss UK added 0.5 per cent to its reach during the same period, to 4.63 million.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)