Mondelez International appoints Mark Clouse as chief growth officer in place of CMO
Mondelez International has announced the appointment of Mark Clouse to the newly created position of chief growth officer, as part of a restructure that has the current marketing chief Mary Beth West exiting the business.
Mark Clouse: becomes chief growth officer at Mondelez International
Clouse has worked at the global snacking firm for the past 18 years and was most recently president of its North American business. He has also led the company’s global category team for biscuits, as well as its businesses in Brazil and China.
In a statement, Mondelez International said West will be leaving the company after a transition period to pursue other interests. The company also announced that it will be implementing a "region category- ed operating model" globally, beginning next year, a model that is already in use in Europe and North America.
In his new role, Clouse will be responsible for all of the key areas of the company’s growth strategy, and will oversee the teams responsible for global marketing, corporate strategy, global categories, global sales and research, development and quality.
Mondelez International chairman and chief executive Irene Rosenfeld. said: "The creation of the chief growth officer role ensures that growth remains at the forefront of our company strategy. It will bring the same focus and discipline to driving sustained, profitable growth that we have brought to improving our cost structure and expanding margins."
Clouse will report to Rosenfeld. Mondelez International's brands include Oreo and Cadbury.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)