Quiz: which marketer are you?
Have you always thought you were a Roisin Donnelly in the making? Or perhaps that you have the creative drive of Jonathan Mildenhall? Answer the next 10 questions to find out which influential marketer you most closely resemble.
1. Which best describes your personal social-media strategy?
- Retweet big marketing stories
- Tweet about marketing. At the weekend.
- Share cool things
- I have people for that
- Personal? It's all about the brand accounts.
- Be great so people tweet about me
- Too busy to keep up tweeting
- Inspiring my followers with feel-good tweets
- Encouraging and campaigning tweets
2. Pick an object that you feel most drawn to...
- Sharp suit
- Tea cup
- Pogo stick
3. Pick the song you think best sums you up...
- Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
- Easy Like a Sunday Morning - Commodores
- It's My Life - Bon Jovi
- Rocking All Over the World - Status Quo
- Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
- Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night - Black Eyed Peas
- Gold - Spandau Ballet
- Titanium - David Guetta
- I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing - New Seekers
- Leader of the Pack - The Shangri-Las
4. Which animal are you?
5. A high-profile PR opportunity is offered to you. What are you most likely to say?
- I'll check my schedule
- Yes, I can do that!
- Will it get me noticed?
- I'll have my people draft something
- Will it boost our awards chances?
- I don't have the time
- Will it be streamed live?
- This is a fabulous opportunity - I'm honoured
- Yes, please
- If I'm in the country, you betcha!
6. You are most likely to be seen...
- ...exactly where my diary says I am
- ...queueing up to meet the new Dr Who
- ...plotting pranks around the office
- ...bouncing from one global conference to another
- ...toasting a drink: here's to my team!
- ...heading to the boardroom like I'm straight off the fashion pages
- ...in Shoreditch
- ...gushing over creative
- ...mentoring promising executives
- ...having a joke with the great people I meet
7. Which TV show are you?
- Coronation Street
- The Apprentice
- Ground Force
- Inspector Morse
- Stars in their Eyes
- Undercover Boss
8. How would you describe yourself?
- Fun but hard-working
- Thought leader
- Smooth operator
- Steve Jobs in the making
- Unpretentious leader
- Industry VIP
9. If a moustachio-coiffed, tech hipster decked out in his Shoreditch finery bounded into an intimate networking event you were at, what would go through your mind?
- Hey Bob! I'm over here... *waves*
- What a prat!
- I only popped in for five - outta here!
- I'll hear his ideas over a drink
- Here comes another one...
- I wonder what I can pick up from this cool kid
- I'll give him two minutes to prove himself
- This guy isn't afraid to stand out. I want to work with him.
- I wouldn't notice the clothes - just a young person trying to network
- What a dude! He's got balls.
10. Which Emoji are you?
You are ROISIN DONNELLYTweet
You’re a serious marketer and seasoned thought-leader. You are a natural born leader and, while you won’t have your time wasted, are a fantastic mentor for all those around you. A long career in the boardroom beckons.
You are PETE MARKEYTweet
You’re known in the industry as a genuinely nice guy; everyone you’ve worked with past, present and future has nothing but good things to say about you. You are a conscientious networker and can often be seen at conferences - whether on stage or in the crowd.
You are CHRISTIAN WOOLFENDENTweet
You’re the marketing industry’s very own badass. Always happy to cause a bit of controversy, you are no stranger to diving in and taking risks. You’ve generated a reputation as a can-do character, and you are 110% committed to making your brand stand out from the crowd.
You are KEITH WEEDTweet
You’re at the top of your game and your time is extremely precious. While you have a huge amount to juggle, you’re no stranger to trusting others to get on with the day-to-day - yet you somehow manage to stay in control no matter which continent you find yourself on.
You are CRAIG INGLISTweet
You’re a high-flier, very much top of the class. However, despite your many achievements, you remain down-to-Earth. You are admired and envied by your peers, but remain humble no matter how many trophy cabinets you’re starting to need.
You are GAVIN PATTERSONTweet
You’re the king of marketing cool, and you have no trouble making sure everyone around you knows what you want and when you want it by. You are respected by those that work with and for you, and you’re a role model for those marketers looking to take the next step into C-suite.
You are JUSTIN COOKETweet
You’re hugely confident in your abilities and not afraid to give things a go to see what happens. You restlessly seek the next big thing and are at the cutting-edge of what’s new in the industry. Most likely to become a billionaire.
You are JONATHAN MILDENHALLTweet
You’re happy, and an inspiration to work with. You’ve experienced creativity from all angles, from agency to corporate giant and digital challenger. Your positive attitude gets the best out of your colleagues and your creative flair has earned you a position in people’s hearts and minds.
You are AMANDA MACKENZIETweet
You’re a big-hitter, even if you would never say so aloud, and are the proof that the phrase "nice guys finish last" is not always true. You are a passionate advocate of new talent and doing things the right way. Your approach - personally and professionally - is valued by those around you.
You are JENNELLE TILLINGTweet
You’re a larger than life character and lots of fun to be around and work with, wherever you happen to be in the world. Your boundless energy and warmth makes you the perfect mentor for those lucky enough to be within your glow. You’re also never afraid to try something new.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London