Nike social media boss Musa Tariq joins Apple
Nike's social media guru Musa Tariq has joined Apple as digital marketing director, reuniting with his former Burberry boss, Apple's retail head Angela Ahrendts, at the brand.
Musa Tariq: joins Apple as digital marketing director
Tariq, who took up the role of global senior director of social media and community, digital brand, at Nike in 2012, revealed in a tweet he was joining Apple, jokingly posting, "First day of school. Hope the other kids like me!"
He joined Nike from Burberry, where he had operated as global director of social-media marketing. He had previously worked at ad agencies JWT and Saatchi& Saatchi.
First day of school. Hope the other kids like me!
— Musa Tariq (@MusaTariq) August 4, 2014
Tariq’s appointment has led to speculation that Apple, which does not have an official Facebook page or Twitter feed, is planning to considerably expand its social media approach. Chief executive Tim Cook and global marketing boss Philip Schiller both have active Twitter accounts.
While at Burberry, Tariq was responsible for a range of acclaimed social media campaigns, including a ‘Tweetwalk’, which allowed the British fashion brand to reveal every new-season look on Twitter moments before the models hit the runway.
Tariq was last year included in Marketing’s Power 100 list of the most influential marketers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Strategy Director Pitch Consultants £60000 - £90000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester