Brands 'vital' to Commonwealth Games success, says Glasgow 2014 boss
Glasgow 2014 has paid tribute to the "vital contribution" of sponsors such as SSE, Virgin Media, BP and Ford in making the Commonwealth Games a "success".
Glasgow 2014: Brands are 'vital' says Games' boss
David Grevemberg, the Games’ organising committee chief executive, has thanked the 46 official partners, arguing that, without their contribution, the event "would not have been possible".
He cited the impact of campaigns such as Virgin Media’s ‘Race Bolt on Glasgow Green’ and AG Barr-owned Irn Bru’s range of commemorative Commonwealth Games cans, as well as the behind-the-scenes assistance of Atos and EY.
Grevemberg said: "I’d like to say thank you to each and every sponsor of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games for the vital contribution you have made to the success of the Games and the commercial legacy we leave behind.
"The support we have received from our 46 sponsors during our shared journey to the Games has been unrelenting and supportive.
"Hosting a Commonwealth Games isn’t possible without shared common goals and we have been fortunate to have such a strong group of sponsors who share our ambitions and have been fully committed to making the Games a success."
Ford of Britain boss Mark Ovenden told Marketing that the sponsorship of Glasgow 2014 has "worked very well" for the brand.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England