McDonald's pledges 250,000 kits in grassroots football deal
McDonald's has renewed its sponsorship of the UK's football associations for a further four years, pledging to supply 250,000 kits to local football clubs.
McDonald's: Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey signs up as ambassador
The fast-food chain, which first signed up as the Football Association’s (FA) Community Partner in 2002, said it remains committed to raising the standards of football facilities at a grassroots level.
The brand revealed the renewal of its agreement with the English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish associations with an event hosted at west London club Larkspur Rovers, attended by Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey.
Larkspur Rovers is one of 7,200 FA Charter Standard-accredited clubs that will receive a brand new Adidas- or Nike-manufactured kit each season.
McDonald’s UK managing director Mark Hawthorne said: "McDonald’s has worked alongside the UK FAs for the last 12 years and during this time has helped thousands of UK clubs, enabling over four million kids to play good quality football.
"Our new partnership focuses on raising the standards at grassroots clubs from better safety, and better advice, to better kit and better recognition for volunteers.
"Over the next four years, each year we will work with the four Home Nation Football Associations and their official kit suppliers to give away brand new kits to every accredited club with a youth team across the UK."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)