Stunning pillar of light over London marks WW1 centenary in 'Lights Out' campaign
A stunning pillar of light shot upwards from Victoria Tower Gardens in London at dusk last night (4 August) to mark the moment that, exactly 100 years ago, the First World War began.
Stunning pillar of light marks WW1 centenary in 'Lights Out' campaign
The 'Spectra' display, by artist Ryoji Ikeda, was illuminated as the final candle light was extinguished at the tomb of the Unknown Warrior in Westminster Abbey during a commemorative service.
Produced by Artangel and part of the Royal British Legion's 'Lights Out' campaign, the grid of lights will be switched on each night for a week.
Brands: Mayor of London and 14-18 NOW, WW1 Centenary Art Commissions
Creative: Ryoji Ikeda
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London