Reckitt Benckiser signs nine-figure Facebook partnership
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) and Facebook have agreed a nine-figure, multi-year partnership to strengthen the connection RB brands including Airwick and Lysol have with social media users, and to identify and recruit new marketing talent.
Reckitt Benckiser: agrees long-term deal with Facebook to strengthen social media ties
Facebook and RB sales and marketing teams will work closely together, at first in the US, UK, Canada, Italy, Brazil, India and Australia. They will also hold joint recruitment events at key universities, with the aim of investing in bringing in the best talent for both companies.
The two firms have previously collaborated on campaigns, with the new partnership 18 months in the making.
Heather Allen, executive vice-president, category development at RB, said: "Consumers sit at the heart of this relationship. We are really excited to be working so closely with Facebook to engage with consumers in a relevant and meaningful way.
"This is a true global partnership, and I have been delighted by what RB and Facebook have been able to accomplish across so many markets."
Carolyn Everson, vice-president of global marketing solutions at Facebook added it was "a privilege" for Facebook to work so closely with RB leadership, which is "challenging the status quo" in marketing.
She said: "Our people, our principles, and our missions are aligned.
"Given our successes together to date, we are absolutely clear on the wider and far reaching benefits of this partnership. In 2013, we laid the ground work. This year, we are implementing a radical new way of working together. And, by 2015, we will have uncovered even more innovative ways of driving our business together."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)