Jimmy Doherty gets taste for South African wine in C4 partnership
Nederburg, the Distell-owned South African wine brand, will launch its first UK TV campaign in September, starring the presenter and farmer Jimmy Doherty.
Jimmy Doherty: stars in Nederburg wine campaign
The ad campaign starring Doherty, which was negotiated by The Village Communications, will air during food and lifestyle shows on channels including Channel 4, More4, UKTV’s Good Food and the on demand platform 4oD from September.
In two 30-second ads, created by Sassy Films, Doherty will pair recipes he has specifically created for the campaign with Nederburg Winemaster’s Reserve Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Sauvignon.
On Channel4.com there will also be a competition giving away Samsung tablets and cases of wine as well as providing tips on matching food and wine. The competition will be promoted in Tesco and Morrisons shops from this month.
Rachel Hawes, the international marketing manager for Wine in the UK and Europe at Distell, said: "Partnering with Jimmy Doherty has been fantastic as his passion, expertise and credentials are always reflected in his projects.
"This is an ethos shared by Nederburg winemakers, who have spent centuries mastering the craft of making superior and highly acclaimed wines."
Hawes said the campaign is designed to "drive trade and consumer engagement" with Nederburg and she hoped it will "introduce new consumers to the Nederburg wine collection and the South African wine category".
There will be a second wave of the campaign in 2015.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - DIRECT AND DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Cirencester
- Senior Account Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London