Nestlé reviews £60m UK media for first time in 10 years
Nestlé, the owner of Nescafe and Shredded Wheat, has called a review of its £60 million media planning and buying account, putting the incumbent Mindshare on alert.
Nestlé: reviews its UK media business
It is the first time Nestlé has reviewed its UK media since 2004, when it hired Mindshare. The agency won the UK business in December 2004, two months after it and ZenithOptimedia were appointed to the FMCG giant’s global roster.
In 2004, Mindshare was the incumbent on the confectionery and coffee briefs; Universal McCann worked on the chilled and dairy business; OMD UK on the pet foods, and ZenithOptimedia on Nestlé’s water brands.
Nestlé has reviewed a number of its media relationships globally over the past 18 months. It is currently reviewing its Australian account, which is held by Publicis Groupe’s ZenithOptimedia.
Group M won Nestlé’s $750 million (£447 million) US media planning and buying account in April 2013. ZenithOptimedia was also the incumbent on the US business.
No one at Mindshare would comment. Nestlé had not returned a request for comment by the time of publication.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)