Digital leaders share their advice for startups in 2014
With 25% of start-ups failing in the first year and more than 50% after five years, expert advice right at the start will help guide a fledgling digital business. Marketing went along to the IAB's "The Start of the Future" event for new businesses to hear more.
Some of the start-ups attending the event, held in London on 6 August, included new Twitter-sourcing restaurant review app Twizoo; and Birdback, a startup that links online and offline discounts directly to a customer’s credit card, which recently raised £1.4m ($2.4m) in a funding round led by tech-focused VC firm Passion Capital.
Google, Manning Gottlieb OMD, Unruly Media and Havas Media were among those offering advice.
Marketing caught up with Howard Kingston, CEO and co-founder of Future Ad labs, Madeline Parra, Twizzo co-founder and CEO, among others. Here are their tips on branding start-ups and how to target the user directly to get them more engaged.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)