Digital leaders share their advice for startups in 2014
With 25% of start-ups failing in the first year and more than 50% after five years, expert advice right at the start will help guide a fledgling digital business. Marketing went along to the IAB's "The Start of the Future" event for new businesses to hear more.
Some of the start-ups attending the event, held in London on 6 August, included new Twitter-sourcing restaurant review app Twizoo; and Birdback, a startup that links online and offline discounts directly to a customer’s credit card, which recently raised £1.4m ($2.4m) in a funding round led by tech-focused VC firm Passion Capital.
Google, Manning Gottlieb OMD, Unruly Media and Havas Media were among those offering advice.
Marketing caught up with Howard Kingston, CEO and co-founder of Future Ad labs, Madeline Parra, Twizzo co-founder and CEO, among others. Here are their tips on branding start-ups and how to target the user directly to get them more engaged.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London