Digital leaders share their advice for startups in 2014
With 25% of start-ups failing in the first year and more than 50% after five years, expert advice right at the start will help guide a fledgling digital business. Marketing went along to the IAB's "The Start of the Future" event for new businesses to hear more.
Some of the start-ups attending the event, held in London on 6 August, included new Twitter-sourcing restaurant review app Twizoo; and Birdback, a startup that links online and offline discounts directly to a customer’s credit card, which recently raised £1.4m ($2.4m) in a funding round led by tech-focused VC firm Passion Capital.
Google, Manning Gottlieb OMD, Unruly Media and Havas Media were among those offering advice.
Marketing caught up with Howard Kingston, CEO and co-founder of Future Ad labs, Madeline Parra, Twizzo co-founder and CEO, among others. Here are their tips on branding start-ups and how to target the user directly to get them more engaged.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planner, Top London Creative Agency Direct Recruitment £50,000-£65,000, London (Greater)
- Account Planner, London Direct Recruitment £45,000-£50,000, London (Greater)