Fashion brands install high-tech mannequins to target shoppers' mobiles
Fashion brands including House of Fraser, Jaeger & Hawes and Curtis yesterday (12 August) rolled out VMBeacon, a new technology to engage consumers. Marketing spoke to Adrian Coe, co-founder of Iconeme, to find out how it could revolutionise the shopping experience.
"A VMBeacon is a version of a bluetooth light beacon; we've custom made the beacon and it goes within our visual merchandising equipment," said Coe.
Customers who download the Iconeme app will be notified as they pass shop windows containing interactive manequins, welcoming them into the store and invites them to launch the app.
They can then browse or save the look, share with a friend or purchase from the retailer's website.
Iconeme is launching with Jaeger on London's Regent Street, House of Fraser in Aberdeen via its online store, and Bentalls shopping mall in Kingston.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London