Fashion brands install high-tech mannequins to target shoppers' mobiles
Fashion brands including House of Fraser, Jaeger & Hawes and Curtis yesterday (12 August) rolled out VMBeacon, a new technology to engage consumers. Marketing spoke to Adrian Coe, co-founder of Iconeme, to find out how it could revolutionise the shopping experience.
"A VMBeacon is a version of a bluetooth light beacon; we've custom made the beacon and it goes within our visual merchandising equipment," said Coe.
Customers who download the Iconeme app will be notified as they pass shop windows containing interactive manequins, welcoming them into the store and invites them to launch the app.
They can then browse or save the look, share with a friend or purchase from the retailer's website.
Iconeme is launching with Jaeger on London's Regent Street, House of Fraser in Aberdeen via its online store, and Bentalls shopping mall in Kingston.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)