A&E/DDB to focus on content and social for Virgin Atlantic
Adam & Eve/DDB has been briefed to develop a content- and social media-led strategy for Virgin Atlantic after winning the airline's advertising pitch this month.
Virgin Atlantic: A&E/DDB beat three to win the business
The Omnicom agency beat its sister shop Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, The Brooklyn Brothers and the incumbent, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, to pick up the business.
The pitch began in March and, controversially, 20 shops were initially invited to participate by the intermediary Creativebrief. Eight agencies had chemistry meetings and the final four went on to the main pitch.
During the process, industry commentators made much of the fact that James Murphy, the founder and chief executive of Adam & Eve/DDB, had worked on Virgin Atlantic when he was at RKCR/Y&R.
There was also speculation that AMV could benefit from Virgin Atlantic’s director of brand and customer experience, Reuben Arnold, having had a relationship with the agency while at Eurostar.
Adam & Eve/DDB will now develop the global creative vision for the airline and set the UK marketing and advertising strategy alongside Naked Communications, which won the eCRM account last year, and Manning Gottlieb OMD, which handles media.
RKCR/Y&R will oversee projects that are already in progress over the next few months and ensure there is a smooth transition. No staff members from the agency are expected to move to Adam & Eve/DDB.
Although representatives from other markets were involved in the process, the Y&R network will continue to work with Virgin Atlantic outside of the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)