East Coast Trains jumps on board Twitter's video service
East Coast Trains has become one of the first UK brands to trial Twitter's new promoted video ad service.
East Coast: trialling Twitter's Promoted Video service
As part of the company’s wider #ilovetrains week-long campaign, East Coast has released its first piece of video content through the social network.
The video shows part of a scenic train journey near Aberdeen, shared with East Coast by @Chaiwalla.
The trial has started following yesterday’s announcement from Twitter, and East Coast will continue to post video content throughout the week.
The ‘I Love Trains Week’ campaign uses a range of social media activity to celebrate the nation’s love of the railway. TV presenter Donna Air has temporarily changed her name to Donna Train to endorse the campaign.
Speaking to Marketing, East Coast’s social media manager, Nick Wood, said: "Video is a powerful way to get messages across.
"Twitter is one of our most important social media tools and whilst, on this occasion, we have used video to support our I Love Trains campaign, we would consider using it to convey operational and other messages to our customers in future."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London