McCann poaches TBWA's Tom Wong
McCann London has poached Tom Wong, the development director at TBWA\London, for the newly-created role of managing partner in charge of developing new business.
Reunited: McCann London chief executive Zai-Al-zaidy, left, with Tom Wong
Wong will be responsible for developing revenue sources for the agency, from both existing and new clients. He will also be the agency’s brand director, leading the agency’s marketing and external comms strategy.
He will report to Zaid Al-Zaidy, the chief executive of McCann London. Wong and Al-Zaidy worked together when the latter was at TBWA London.
Wong, who joined TBWA in 2010, had been key to the agency picking up new business from clients including The Labour Party, Lidl, and Airbnb. He was previously marketing manager at Lida and Meteorite (now part of McCann Worldgroup).
Al-Zaidy said: "This is another great addition to our new team at McCann London. Tom is a rare breed, a great agency marketer, new business practitioner, client leader and general energiser. I can’t wait to work with him again."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London