10 of the best 'sharing economy' brands making a difference
With the success of Airbnb and Index Ventures' recent investment in JustPark, it seems peer- to-peer services are on the rise. In light of these developments, Marketing brings you 10 noteworthy examples of sharing economy brands.
Borrowmydoggy memberships are designed for those dog owners seeking a break, and dog fanatics in need of some canine company. On paying a fee to join the community, dog owners and borrowers can choose from a list of nearby matches, meet up, and reap the benefits of their respective dog-related requirements.
JustPark, first released in 2006, allows users to earn money from renting their parking spaces out to drivers in need of a place to park. The JustPark initiative responds to a scarcity in spaces, providing a cost-effective answer to increased congestion and concerns over road safety. The success of the website was demonstrated when BMW invested a minority stake in the business earlier this year. Over 18,000 property owners have rented their spaces to 6 million people a year using JustPark.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)