10 of the best 'sharing economy' brands making a difference
With the success of Airbnb and Index Ventures' recent investment in JustPark, it seems peer- to-peer services are on the rise. In light of these developments, Marketing brings you 10 noteworthy examples of sharing economy brands.
Borrowmydoggy memberships are designed for those dog owners seeking a break, and dog fanatics in need of some canine company. On paying a fee to join the community, dog owners and borrowers can choose from a list of nearby matches, meet up, and reap the benefits of their respective dog-related requirements.
JustPark, first released in 2006, allows users to earn money from renting their parking spaces out to drivers in need of a place to park. The JustPark initiative responds to a scarcity in spaces, providing a cost-effective answer to increased congestion and concerns over road safety. The success of the website was demonstrated when BMW invested a minority stake in the business earlier this year. Over 18,000 property owners have rented their spaces to 6 million people a year using JustPark.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)