Hillarys awards £18m media account to MediaCom
Hillarys, the blinds and shutter specialist, has awarded its £18 million media planning and buying account to MediaCom.
Hillarys: hires MediaCom for its media business
MediaCom’s Manchester office is understood to have beat PHD North to pick up the business after a competitive pitch. The incumbent, Carat Manchester, resigned the business in April and was not involved.
The appointment marks a return to MediaCom for the Hillarys brand, as it worked with the WPP agency from 2006 before hiring Carat Manchester in 2011.
The business includes digital media including pay per click, search engine optimisation, affiliates and programmatic display as well as all offline planning and buying responsibilities.
Susan White, the head of online at Hillarys, said: "Throughout the pitch process, MediaCom was able to demonstrate an unparalleled understanding of the modern media landscape, combined with an ability to deliver true value and impact, all key requirements for our continuing growth ambitions."
The account will be led by MediaCom UK’s recently expanded digital performance division i-Lab, which will handle the digital activity.
Paul Cooper, the joint managing director at MediaCom i-Lab UK, said: "This is a fantastic appointment for us to have secured here at MediaCom, giving us the opportunity to put into play the full power and potential of i-Lab’s ability to provide a digital specialist brand within the wrapper of connected comms planning.
"Hillarys is a true British manufacturing success story and we’re looking forward to working with them closely to spearhead the next period of growth for the business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)