French chocolatiers rebel and sweeten up public with social media campaign
France's beloved chocolate and pastry makers have started a social media campaign to oppose the French government's plans to impose health warnings on cakes and chocolates.
The Confederation of French Chocolate and Pastry Makers has started a social media campaign on Twitter and Facebook to oppose the French government’s proposal to place red labels on chocolates, which will indicate they are unhealthy.
The government aims to classify food into five colours, ranging from green, which indicates it being healthy to red, which indicates that it should be avoided or eaten in small quantities, as it aims to combat growing obesity in the country.
The Confederation of French Chocolate and Pastry Makers, which represents over 4,500 chocolatiers and pastry makers in France, hopes the social media campaign will melt consumers and promote their cause.
The campaign includes a Facebook page that is already gathering pace, having received over 600 likes, and a Twitter account that was set up yesterday.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London