Samsung installs 'midnight rainbow' to promote Galaxy Tab S tablet
A digital rainbow built using 150 Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablets will stand on London's Southbank for 24 hours, making a bright addition to the view over St Paul's Cathedral and the City.
Samsung unveiled its "midnight rainbow" installation last night (19 August) in a bid to show off the Galaxy Tab S tablet, which it launched in June.
The company has tweaked each tablet’s 10.5in display to show off a spectrum of colours, giving the effect of an 8-bit rainbow. The idea is to showcase the Galaxy Tab S’ advanced Super AMOLED display – and to give its Twitter followers a chance to win one for themselves through the #midnightrainbow competition.
Russell Taylor, the company’s vice-president of corporate marketing, said the rainbow had been chosen as a universally positive symbol. "Creating a midnight rainbow has never been done before," he said. "We're excited to introduce this installation to the iconic Southbank skyline, inspiring people to appreciate and capture colour in new ways."
Agency: The Red Consultancy
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)