Nike promotes Neil Potter to UK digital brand director role
Nike has promoted Neil Potter to a newly-created UK digital brand director role, in a possible sign that it will step up its UK digital activity.
Neil Potter: becomes UK digital brand director for Nike
Potter was previously Nike’s brand communications manager for western Europe and, prior to that, led marketing for its football, rugby and athletic training ranges.
He confirmed the move to Marketing, but declined to comment further on his new remit. It is understood that he will be responsible for all digital marketing activity in the UK.
Potter featured in Marketing’s Power 100 list of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK, with his achievements including responsibility for film clips of Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney for Nike’s 2012 ‘My Time is Now’ campaign. He also ran the brand's Champions League 'Glory is Ours' campaign in 2011.
The move comes after a series of changes at Nike this month, with global senior director of social media Musa Tariq joining Apple to oversee its digital marketing, and the appointment of Heidi O’Neill to the newly created vice president and general manager of stores role.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)