Iceland signs Peter Andre as celebrity ambassador
Peter Andre has been recruited as the new face of Iceland, the frozen food retailer, which will roll out TV ads featuring the former pop star.
Peter Andre: in 2004's 'I'm A Celeb'
The Australian singer-turned-TV presenter topped the charts in the 90s before returning to fame in 2004 with an appearance in Iceland-sponsored ITV show ‘I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!’.
He follows in the footsteps of previous Iceland ambassador Kerry Katona, who appeared in the same series of ‘I’m A Celebrity…’. Other reality TV stars to front campaigns for Iceland include Stacey Solomon and Jason Donovan.
The supermarket’s most recent TV ad featured a man and woman on a date, revealing at the end that the male character is a driver for Iceland. The ad used Michael Bublé’ song ‘Just Haven’t Met You Yet’.
Nick Canning, Iceland joint managing director, said: "The UK food retail market is more competitive than ever, so it is vital that we make the most of our advertising spend to achieve a real impact on consumers.
"Peter Andre has a very high profile with our customers as a singer, presenter, parent and TV personality. We look forward to working with him to make the whole country more aware of Iceland’s outstanding value, great quality, brilliant service and industry-leading innovation."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England