Iceland signs Peter Andre as celebrity ambassador
Peter Andre has been recruited as the new face of Iceland, the frozen food retailer, which will roll out TV ads featuring the former pop star.
Peter Andre: in 2004's 'I'm A Celeb'
The Australian singer-turned-TV presenter topped the charts in the 90s before returning to fame in 2004 with an appearance in Iceland-sponsored ITV show ‘I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!’.
He follows in the footsteps of previous Iceland ambassador Kerry Katona, who appeared in the same series of ‘I’m A Celebrity…’. Other reality TV stars to front campaigns for Iceland include Stacey Solomon and Jason Donovan.
The supermarket’s most recent TV ad featured a man and woman on a date, revealing at the end that the male character is a driver for Iceland. The ad used Michael Bublé’ song ‘Just Haven’t Met You Yet’.
Nick Canning, Iceland joint managing director, said: "The UK food retail market is more competitive than ever, so it is vital that we make the most of our advertising spend to achieve a real impact on consumers.
"Peter Andre has a very high profile with our customers as a singer, presenter, parent and TV personality. We look forward to working with him to make the whole country more aware of Iceland’s outstanding value, great quality, brilliant service and industry-leading innovation."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London