Smith replaces Weston at Clear Channel
Clear Channel has hired Mark Smith, the planning operations director at Kinetic, in the new role of agency director, replacing Ged Weston, who is joining Eye Airports as sales director.
Mark Smith: joins Clear Channel as agency director
Smith will work with Posterscope and Talon Outdoor and their media agencies, and with the other agency director, Kerry Hindhaugh, who handles Kinetic and its media agencies.
He will report to Martin Corke, the Clear Channel sales director. Clear Channel recently promoted Corke to its UK management board.
Smith was the client service director at Kinetic between October 2010 and July this year, before becoming planning operations director. He will join Clear Channel as agency director in October.
Smith, who was at Kinetic and its predecessor Poster Publicity from 1998, was business director from 2004 and then a strategic planning director across EMEA between 2008 and 2010. He started his career in sales at TDI, now Exterion Media.
Chris Pelekanou, the commercial director at Clear Channel, said: "Mark's appointment will get us closer to our advertising partners and make sure we continue to help brands reach their audiences.
"His knowledge and passion for out-of-home will be invaluable with so many exciting changes on the horizon."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London