Hovis seeks new marketing chief as Matt Hunt quits for digital agency
Hovis has lost marketing chief Matt Hunt to its own digital agency and is on the hunt for his successor.
Hovis: searches for a marketing chief
Hunt will leave the brand for digital agency Futureproof at the end of August. The agency was behind Hovis’ 'Loaf Changing' social media campaign. Hovis said a new marketing director would be announced "in due course".
Hunt leaves seven months after the bakery brand’s owner, Premier Foods, sold a 51% controlling stake to US investment firm The Gores Group for £30m.
The deal means Hovis now sits with other bakery brands, such as Mothers Pride, in a joint venture called Hovis Limited.
The venture is set to receive millions of pounds in investment from both companies to rejuvenate the Hovis brand, which trails rival Warburtons, the UK's biggest-selling bread brand.
The Gores Group and Premier Foods have pledged to invest £200m in the joint venture over the next five years, kicking off with an initial £30m. A further £15m will follow after an improvement in performance.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)