Plan hires Saatchi & Saatchi for content brief
Plan UK, the children's rights charity, has appointed Saatchi & Saatchi London to an integrated content brief, as it seeks to raise awareness and improve the lives of girls around the world.
Freida Pinto: the model and actress is an ambassador for Plan
As the charity’s lead UK agency, Saatchi & Saatchi will create both brand activation and fundraising work to support Plan’s "because I am a girl" campaign. The work will include print, outdoor, social and other digital.
Saatchi & Saatchi’s first work will look at reducing the amount of violence committed against girls. Later activity will aim to ensure people hear girls’ views and opinions and ensure they have a role in decisions that affect them.
The Publicis Groupe agency Leo Burnett will continue to work with Plan on creative projects.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO created two films, including one starring Freida Pinto, print work and digital activity as part of the "because I am a girl" campaign in 2012. The Omnicom agency no longer works with the brand.
Plan has focused its "because I am a girl" campaign on adolescent girls because research has shown that the burden of poverty falls hardest on girls and that girls and young women can be the most powerful agents for change.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London