TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
TalkTalk is releasing an app that allows users to make their own music videos and will use the best in its X Factor idents.
The app, called Mix-Off, allows users to create music videos by inserting their footage into one of eight music-video templates and then choosing one of nine songs as the backing track.
CHI & Partners created the campaign. The Mix-Off app will be available to download from 30 August, with different music video styles becoming available as 'The X Factor' progresses.
'The X Factor' will air from 30 August until December and in that time, TalkTalk will air more than 160 idents featuring fan footage.
Sammy Rawal, who has directed music videos for AlunaGeorge, directed the music video templates through Believe Media, while MPC handled the digital development and VFX. The campaign was created by Matt Searle and Sarah Levitt. M/Six handled the media.
Rawal said: "I think what’s really cool about these new idents is that they really feel like chunks or excerpts from actual music videos. They’re really going to give 'The X Factor' viewers the chance to experience what it feels like to be in a high-end music video of their own.
"We’ve tried to create a full range of videos that not only look amazing, but also appeal to a very broad audience."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)