British American Tobacco appoints Andrew Gray as head of marketing
British American Tobacco (BAT) has appointed Andrew Gray as group marketing director, as his predecessor Jean-Marc Levy steps down.
British American Tobacco: appoints Andrew Gray to role of group marketing director
The tobacco company announced it had promoted Gray, previously regional director EEMEA, to the role. He takes up the position on Monday.
Gray has been on the board for seven years and has been with the company for a total of 27 years in various senior management positions.
Levy, who has been with the group for 21 years and had been marketing director since 2009, has been appointed special projects director in the interim, before he steps down from the board on 31 December.
The group announced that Johan Vandermeulen, currently general manager for BAT Russia, will succeed Gray. Tadue Marroco, currently head of strategy and planning and M&A, has also been promoted to the board in the role of business development director, effective from1 September.
Chief executive Nicandro Durante said: "We will all miss Jean-Marc’s abundant energy, passion for the consumer, inspiring leadership and his unstinting commitment to the business. He leaves a very significant legacy. I would like to thank him for all that he has done for the organization.
"I am pleased about Andrew’s appointment as group marketing director, where he will bring his keen commercial acumen and significant group-wide experience to bear."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)