McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
McDonald's is marking 40 years in the UK with a TV campaign that frames the fast-food chain as the backdrop to life's big and small events.
Leo Burnett London created the 30-second spots, which will debut tomorrow during 'The X Factor' on ITV.
The ads show people engaged in rites-of-passage such as a first date and driving for the first time after getting a licence, and demonstrate how McDonald’s plays a part in these seminal moments.
All the ads include songs from the 1970s – the decade that McDonald’s launched in the UK – including. Minnie Riperton’s Lovin’ You, which plays during "the nervous first date", while Thin Lizzy’s The Boys Are Back In Town features in "the just passed your test drive-thru".
The TV campaign, which comprises a total of six ads, was written and art directed by Andy Drugan and Ed Morris, and directed by Pete Riski, through Rattling Stick. OMD handled the media.
At the same time, Razorfish has created a digital execution for McDonald's 40th anniversary campaign. The "40 together" website lets users tell McDonald's-related stories - by either typing or using Google's speech recognition facility - and then presents them as online posters. McDonald's will then use selected stories in digital outdoor displays.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London