Marks & Spencer unites food and fashion marketing in Only M&S ads
Marks & Spencer is releasing a TV ad for its food range as part of a dual-pronged autumn campaign that will also push the retailer's clothes.
The food and clothes ads, which were created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, will both sit under the 'Only M&S' strapline, providing customers with a "clearer, more consistent message" about the M&S brand.
This marks the first time that the retailer will air both food and fashion campaigns at the same time, throughout the autumn. The food ad will air tomorrow, while the fashion ad will air on Wednesday. The spots will run until 29 October and the campaign also comprises print, digital and social media.
The M&S food ad is called "adventures in imagination" and shows high-quality footage of food being prepared as an instrumental version of Clean Bandit’s' Rather Be' plays in the background.
At the end of the spot, writing appears on the screen promising 100 new food ideas every month at M&S. The food work was written by Pip Bishop, art directed by Chris Hodgkiss and directed by Michael Roulier and Philippe Lhomme through Food Film.
"The M&S brand is unique in terms of the scope, depth and history of trust that it has built up over the last 130 years," said executive director of marketing and international, Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne.
"We want to demonstrate our expertise in both Food and Fashion – engaging customers in a digitally savvy way that feels relevant to their daily lives," he added.
The ‘food in adventures’ campaign, launched today, aims to remind customers "what is special and different" about M&S, positioning its Food Halls as an "exciting and innovative place to shop."
The ‘clothing fashion emporium’ campaign, which launches tomorrow, aims to showcase M&S’ fashion "expertise," highlighting key Autumn trends.
This article was first published on Campaignlive.co.uk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)