Great North Run founder Brendan Foster: 'Our brand is the biggest in the world'
The Great North Run takes place this weekend (7 September), with one person set to become the millionth runner to complete the half-marathon - making the event the first of its kind to reach this milestone, ahead of the New York and London marathons.
Marketing spoke to Great North Run founder and BBC commentator Brendan Foster about the success of the event, the contribution of previous long-term title partner Bupa, and the search for new sponsors for the Great Run Series.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)