Great North Run founder Brendan Foster: 'Our brand is the biggest in the world'
The Great North Run takes place this weekend (7 September), with one person set to become the millionth runner to complete the half-marathon - making the event the first of its kind to reach this milestone, ahead of the New York and London marathons.
Marketing spoke to Great North Run founder and BBC commentator Brendan Foster about the success of the event, the contribution of previous long-term title partner Bupa, and the search for new sponsors for the Great Run Series.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Freelance Middleweight Designer Purple Consultancy £210 - £220 per day, London
- Senior Marketing Manager Princes Food & Drink Group Salary: Competitive + Car Allowance, benefits and bonus, Liverpool, Merseyside