Ribena revives animated blackcurrant characters in £2.5m campaign
Ribena has launched a TV ad that will feature its blackcurrant characters returning to TV screens for the first time since 2011.
The brand's owner Lucozade Ribena Suntory has ploughed £2.5m into the campaign, which includes a TV ad that launched Monday and will run for four weeks.
The ad has been designed to "engage consumers", "drive relevance and front-of-mind awareness among both new and existing shoppers", and tap into the £552m squash market.
It will feature No Added Sugar one-litre packs, as well as the No Added Sugar 288ml Tetra Pak and RTD Ribena Light 500ml. The campaign will also be supported by outdoor activity, which will feature its Original Blackcurrant Squash and the new Mango & Lime variant.
Ads will be strategically sited close to retailers stocking the new flavour, and digital and shopper activation will also feature from October.
Marketing director Hannah Norbury said: "This renewed support for our Ribena core range is set to help generate growth and sales within the squash category.
"We are dedicated to not only offer shoppers great tasting products, but to ensure these are backed up with support and investment that will drive growth."
She added that the Ribena Mango & Lime squash variant would help drive penetration and purchase frequency.
Norbury said: "The campaign is a great opportunity for us to showcase our range of products and remind shoppers of the choice we offer."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)