IPC Media rebrands as Time Inc UK to 'foster greater collaboration'
Time Inc is rebranding its wholly-owned magazine publishing arm IPC Media to Time Inc UK, as part of a move to "foster greater collaboration" between its UK and US operations.
IPC Media rebrands as Time Inc UK
Explaining the decision to rename the UK's biggest magazine publisher after 46 years, Time Inc chairman and chief executive, Joe Ripp, said: "Our prime focus is growing our core assets in the US and UK.
"We already hold leadership positions in both regions and this move will help us better leverage our global portfolio with key audiences and foster greater collaboration throughout the organisation. We have an enormous depth of expertise across Time Inc. and we are committed to bringing it to bear as a unified company with a single corporate brand."
Time Inc UK is the UK’s biggest publisher of print and digital magazine content by circulation, housing more than 60 brands in its iconic Southbank Blue Fin building.
The publisher's roots stretch back to The International Publishing Corporation, formed in 1963 following the merger of the UK's three magazine publishers - George Newnes, Odhams Press and Fleetway Publications. IPC Magazines was officially created five years later, in 1968.
Time Inc UK's chief executive, Marcus Rich, said: "We are proud of what we have achieved at IPC over many years and we are excited to extend that success as a more integrated part of Time Inc. We firmly believe our business partners will benefit from the strategic clarity that comes from one company brand and we are looking forward to exploring new opportunities as Time Inc. UK."
Brands within Time Inc UK's portfolio today include Wallpaper*, Country Life, Livingetc, What’s on TV, Horse & Hound and Woman.
It creates content for multiple platforms across print, web, mobile, tablets and consumer experiences, from the NME Awards to the Decanter World Wine Awards.
The publisher claims to reach nearly half of all UK adults in print and reaches 28 million global web users each month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London