One 2 One to rebrand as T-Mobile
LONDON - One 2 One is set to rebrand as T-Mobile by the end of 2002. T-Mobile is the wireless brand of parent company Deutsche Telekom.
The network, the smallest in the UK, is also launching a new tariff scheme this week which may start a price war among the nation's mobile operators.
The decision to rebrand was taken in response to increasing demand for global services. T-Mobile has 40m customers worldwide and owns network operators in Germany, the UK, Austria and the Czech Republic. It also holds significant interests in the Netherlands, Russia and Poland.
One 2 One was known as Mercury One 2 One before its acquisition by Deutsche Telekom in 1999 for £8.4bn from Cable & Wireless. It has around 7m customers in the UK, as well as carrying around 1m subscribers to the Virgin Mobile network.
News of the rebranding coincides with that of larger operator BT Cellnet, which is being rebranded as O2.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton