Huntsworth posts first profit in three years
LONDON - A year on from Lord Chadlington's boardroom coup, marketing services company Huntsworth's interim results show a small profit.
Huntsworth posted a pre-tax profit of £28,000, compared with a loss of £278,000 last time. It is the first time since September 1998 that the group, which has interests in PR and advertising, has recorded a profit.
The figures for the first half of the year do not include the group's recent acquisitions of Harrison Cowley, the regional PR network, and PBC, the healthcare communications agency. They do include figures from existing Huntsworth companies Counsel, the PR agency formerly known as Holmes & Marchant, and Master Guide, the marketing consultancy.
Since taking over as chief executive and installing a new board, Lord Chadlington has cut Huntsworth's staff by one third, restructured the business and instigated a cost-cutting drive.
In a rare glimmer of optimism from the media industry, Lord Chadlington said the group has "great confidence for the future", referring to recent client wins including John Lewis and Pfizer.
Huntsworth also announced the appointment of Roger Selman as group finance director. He has held a similar position at International Public Relations (formerly Shandwick International).
Lord Chadlington was the founder of Shandwick International, once the largest PR consultancy in the UK and now owned by the Interpublic Group of Companies.
The results boosted Huntsworth stock this morning, which was up 12.2% to 27.5p.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...