Lee Cooper launches 'bulge enhancing'
LONDON - Lee Cooper has launched a range of jeans, called Pakit, which promises to do for men what the Wonderbra did for women.
In line with the current eighties revival, the brand is bringing out an updated version of the LC77 drainpipe design, made famous by Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi.
Originally launched in 1978, the tight denim has been replaced with Flexease to enhance men's assets. The company claims that the material is "body responsive" and is marketed with the tag line "stretch your mind".
Zoe Westlake, a spokesperson at Lee Cooper, said the Pakit range would appeal to "anybody because they are a very commercial and just fun jeans to wear".
"Someone like Chris Moyles would have the guts to wear them, but I wouldn't really like to see him in them. I would like to see a nice sexy guy wearing the jeans," she added.
Lee Cooper claims to have made extensive research into traditional fabrics to provide comfort "in all the right places". The company has been making jeans since 1908 and is now one of the best-selling European jeans companies.
Cohn & Wolfe will be handling further PR over the season. Lee Cooper claims that the design is selling fast across the country at £50 a pair.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)