ITV Digital losses could run to £2bn
LONDON - ITV Digital, the collapsed digital terrestrial broadcaster, could have sunk owing as much as £2bn, £800m more than the £1.2bn it was originally believed to have owed.
The figures were revealed at the latest meeting between ITV Digital's administrator, Nick Dargan of Deloitte & Touche, and the broadcaster's creditors.
Minutes of the meeting, reported in the Mail on Sunday, show that a number of the company's outstanding debts had not appeared on its balance sheet.
ITV companies Carlton Communications and Granada
had each shouldered some of ITV Digital's losses, while some losses were treated as capital spending, meaning that the figures in the company's trading statement did not reflect the true depth of its financial crisis.
ITV Digital's creditors include BSkyB, which supplied channels, and Crown Castle, which supplied transmission services, and the Football League, as well as Carlton and Granada.
Creditors were told at the meeting that ITV Digital's auditor would be able to salvage around £50m with which to pay back creditors.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid-weight project manager Red Sofa London £35000.00 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trainee Specialist Marketing Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager: Experiential for Urban Sports / Streetwear Brand Rocket Recruitment £34,000 - 38,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...
- Account / Client Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Southwark, London (Greater)
- Web Content Executive/SEO - Great Client-side Opportunity! ADLIB up to £30K, Dorset