ITV Digital losses could run to £2bn
LONDON - ITV Digital, the collapsed digital terrestrial broadcaster, could have sunk owing as much as £2bn, £800m more than the £1.2bn it was originally believed to have owed.
The figures were revealed at the latest meeting between ITV Digital's administrator, Nick Dargan of Deloitte & Touche, and the broadcaster's creditors.
Minutes of the meeting, reported in the Mail on Sunday, show that a number of the company's outstanding debts had not appeared on its balance sheet.
ITV companies Carlton Communications and Granada
had each shouldered some of ITV Digital's losses, while some losses were treated as capital spending, meaning that the figures in the company's trading statement did not reflect the true depth of its financial crisis.
ITV Digital's creditors include BSkyB, which supplied channels, and Crown Castle, which supplied transmission services, and the Football League, as well as Carlton and Granada.
Creditors were told at the meeting that ITV Digital's auditor would be able to salvage around £50m with which to pay back creditors.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London