ITV Digital losses could run to £2bn
LONDON - ITV Digital, the collapsed digital terrestrial broadcaster, could have sunk owing as much as £2bn, £800m more than the £1.2bn it was originally believed to have owed.
The figures were revealed at the latest meeting between ITV Digital's administrator, Nick Dargan of Deloitte & Touche, and the broadcaster's creditors.
Minutes of the meeting, reported in the Mail on Sunday, show that a number of the company's outstanding debts had not appeared on its balance sheet.
ITV companies Carlton Communications and Granada
had each shouldered some of ITV Digital's losses, while some losses were treated as capital spending, meaning that the figures in the company's trading statement did not reflect the true depth of its financial crisis.
ITV Digital's creditors include BSkyB, which supplied channels, and Crown Castle, which supplied transmission services, and the Football League, as well as Carlton and Granada.
Creditors were told at the meeting that ITV Digital's auditor would be able to salvage around £50m with which to pay back creditors.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Marketing Account Manager AF Selection £35,000 plus benefits, Birmingham