Brand Republic shortlisted for AOP interactive awards
LONDON - Brand Republic has been shortlisted for the Association of Online Publishers 2002 Interactive Publishing Awards in the Best Product or Service category as more than 160 entries were submitted for the awards.
The shortlist was drawn up on September 11 when 20 judges were selected to represent all areas of the online industry, including publishers, advertising agencies, suppliers, government, providers and industry leaders.
Alongide BrandRepublic.com, other sites nominated in the same category were: efinancialnews.com, Estates Gazette Interactive, egi.co.uk; meed.com from Emap Business International; rati.com from Air Transport Intelligence; tesjobs.co.uk from TSL Education; and totaltele.com from Emap Business International.
In the Best New Launch Consumer category, sites shortlisted included Haymarket Motor Publications' whatcar.com. In the Best New Launch Business category, sites shortlisted included communitycare.co.uk from Reed Business Information and supplymanagement.com from Personnel Publications.
In the Best Editor Consumer category, those shortlisted included Emily Bell from Guardian Unlimited; Damian Carrington from newscientist.com and Anthony Thornton from nme.com.
There were 16 categories in all, including Best Interactive Publisher for which CondeNet.UK, Emap Elan, Guardian Unlimited and Rivals Digital Media were shortlisted for the consumer side and Estates Gazette Group, TSL Education, ZDNet UK were shortlisted on the business side.
Information on the conference and awards, a programme and a booking form can be found at www.ukaop.org.uk/events.
The evening awards ceremony will take place on October 9 at the Millennium Mayfair in London following the annual AOP interactive conference, in association with PPAi, in the morning. The event is supported by BTclick&buy, ABC Electronic, the Department of Trade and Industry and PPAi.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Sales and Marketing Executive (print and digital media) Publimatic Up to £35,000pa plus reasonable expenses, Bloomsbury/Holborn
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum, Uxbridge
- Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £20000 per annum, Leamington Spa
- PPC Executive Barclay Meade £26000 - £33000 per annum, Woking