CAREERS: Company CV - Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) markets, distributes and produces bottled and canned soft drinks for the Coca-Cola Company, its subsidiaries and also for Nestea, a Coca-Cola franchise.
Atlanta-based CCE is the world's number one soft-drink bottler and the main bottler for The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC), distributing about 24% of TCCC's total volume worldwide. CCE is the sole licensed bottler for TCCC products in the UK. CCE continues to increase its share of the Coca-Cola market by acquiring other bottlers in the US, Canada and Europe.
CCE is responsible for the trade marketing and distribution of Coca-Cola (consumer marketing is handled by Coca-Cola GB), as well as the manufacture, sale and distribution of Schweppes brands.
It was formed in 1986 when TCCC bought its two largest bottlers. The company was floated immediately, although Coca-Cola retained a significant holding in it. Since then, the company has set about purchasing smaller bottling operations throughout North America and Western Europe.
In 1996, the company reorganised into four operating groups defined by market and geographic lines.
In all markets, CCE attempts to understand the local scene. With ideas for advertising and merchandising, CCE shows retailers how to use Coca-Cola to draw more consumer traffic and generate sales.
In Scotland CCE has working with Safeway to promote youth football in local schools. Consumers participate by collecting labels and barcodes from selected Coca-Cola brands at Safeway stores, then hand them in to the school of their choice. The schools in turn exchange these proofs-of-purchase for equipment. The promotion is capped by a national seven-a-side football tournament called Coca-Cola 7s.
In April 2002, Coca-Cola GB, the consumer arm of Coca-Cola, launched its first animated TV ads for soft drink Fanta. Following a similar theme to previous campaigns, a group of animated friends is shown in various fun situations, sparked off by a spontaneous desire from one of the group for Fanta.
The new ad series accounts for a substantial portion of the brand's £4.3m media budget this year.
Net Operating revenues £10,000m
Operating income £382.8m
(Year to December 31, 2001)
Saatchi & Saatchi
Clarion Communications, Rogers & Cowan International
Coca-Cola GB adspend
(year to July 2002)
Source: ACNielsen MMS
CCE marketing director
CCE vice-president, sales and Marketing
CCE UK headquarters
Charter Place, Vine Street, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 1EZ
Tel: 01895 231313
Web site: www.cokecce.com
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London