CAREERS: Company CV - Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) markets, distributes and produces bottled and canned soft drinks for the Coca-Cola Company, its subsidiaries and also for Nestea, a Coca-Cola franchise.
Atlanta-based CCE is the world's number one soft-drink bottler and the main bottler for The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC), distributing about 24% of TCCC's total volume worldwide. CCE is the sole licensed bottler for TCCC products in the UK. CCE continues to increase its share of the Coca-Cola market by acquiring other bottlers in the US, Canada and Europe.
CCE is responsible for the trade marketing and distribution of Coca-Cola (consumer marketing is handled by Coca-Cola GB), as well as the manufacture, sale and distribution of Schweppes brands.
It was formed in 1986 when TCCC bought its two largest bottlers. The company was floated immediately, although Coca-Cola retained a significant holding in it. Since then, the company has set about purchasing smaller bottling operations throughout North America and Western Europe.
In 1996, the company reorganised into four operating groups defined by market and geographic lines.
In all markets, CCE attempts to understand the local scene. With ideas for advertising and merchandising, CCE shows retailers how to use Coca-Cola to draw more consumer traffic and generate sales.
In Scotland CCE has working with Safeway to promote youth football in local schools. Consumers participate by collecting labels and barcodes from selected Coca-Cola brands at Safeway stores, then hand them in to the school of their choice. The schools in turn exchange these proofs-of-purchase for equipment. The promotion is capped by a national seven-a-side football tournament called Coca-Cola 7s.
In April 2002, Coca-Cola GB, the consumer arm of Coca-Cola, launched its first animated TV ads for soft drink Fanta. Following a similar theme to previous campaigns, a group of animated friends is shown in various fun situations, sparked off by a spontaneous desire from one of the group for Fanta.
The new ad series accounts for a substantial portion of the brand's £4.3m media budget this year.
Net Operating revenues £10,000m
Operating income £382.8m
(Year to December 31, 2001)
Saatchi & Saatchi
Clarion Communications, Rogers & Cowan International
Coca-Cola GB adspend
(year to July 2002)
Source: ACNielsen MMS
CCE marketing director
CCE vice-president, sales and Marketing
CCE UK headquarters
Charter Place, Vine Street, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 1EZ
Tel: 01895 231313
Web site: www.cokecce.com
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Marketing Manager - South West Stopgap £39000 - £47000 per annum, South West England