Mulberry backs revamp of web site with major digital activity
Luxury English brand Mulberry is planning a major email and direct mail campaign to support the launch of its revamped web site.
About 100,000 emails will be distributed to customers on the Mulberry database, while a pan-European direct marketing campaign will encourage consumers to visit the revamped service.
According to international product manager Trevor Madigan, Mulberry is considering boosting its presence online through third-party tie-ups.
"It's something we've shied away from, but as we have an improved site we are looking more in that direction," he said. Offline, the company has linked with brands including Harpers & Queen, GQ and Range Rover.
"Being involved with strong English brands has given us a good crossover," he added.
Mulberry's revamped site (www.mulberry.com) is part of a strategy to boost the role of the web in its business. Interactive agency SAS developed the site, having won the project after a four-way pitch. SAS clients have included estate agents Foxtons and cosmetics brand Bourjois.
"This first phase is front end-based, allowing Mulberry to control the way the site works," said Nick Austin, a partner at SAS.
It is hoped the site will drive web sales, making Mulberry products available in areas without a store or concession. The focus will be on gifts, with a gift-finder service included.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £65,000, Central London
- Research Manager - Sky Community Panel Sky Benefits, West London
- European Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London