Mulberry backs revamp of web site with major digital activity
Luxury English brand Mulberry is planning a major email and direct mail campaign to support the launch of its revamped web site.
About 100,000 emails will be distributed to customers on the Mulberry database, while a pan-European direct marketing campaign will encourage consumers to visit the revamped service.
According to international product manager Trevor Madigan, Mulberry is considering boosting its presence online through third-party tie-ups.
"It's something we've shied away from, but as we have an improved site we are looking more in that direction," he said. Offline, the company has linked with brands including Harpers & Queen, GQ and Range Rover.
"Being involved with strong English brands has given us a good crossover," he added.
Mulberry's revamped site (www.mulberry.com) is part of a strategy to boost the role of the web in its business. Interactive agency SAS developed the site, having won the project after a four-way pitch. SAS clients have included estate agents Foxtons and cosmetics brand Bourjois.
"This first phase is front end-based, allowing Mulberry to control the way the site works," said Nick Austin, a partner at SAS.
It is hoped the site will drive web sales, making Mulberry products available in areas without a store or concession. The focus will be on gifts, with a gift-finder service included.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...