Daily Star Sunday revamps celebrity magazine
LONDON - Express Newspapers is giving the Daily Star Sunday magazine Star World a makeover with a new title Hot Celebs, and new look and content.
The revamped Daily Star Sunday magazine will be unveiled this weekend. Star World has been part of the Sunday package since the paper was launched by Richard Desmond's newspaper group in September 2002. It originally featured celebrity news and gossip, as well as TV listings and stories about the soaps.
Hot Celebs is not to be confused with Hot Stars, the celebrity magazine that is published with Desmond's OK! magazine. Both Hot Celebs and Hot Stars are edited by Martin Smith, who also edits the magazine that comes with the Saturday issue of the Daily Express.
According to reports, Hot Celebs will feature celebrity interviews, news, gossip, fashion and style, plus TV listings, real-life stories and puzzles.
The Daily Star Sunday debuted with sales of more than 800,000 in the competitive Sunday tabloid market last September. In the monthly ABC figures for December, however, it showed a month-on-month decline of 4.19% to 499,912.
It appears that the Daily Star Sunday is, however, making inroads on The People, Trinity Mirror's Sunday tabloid, which saw its circulation fall by 2.64% to 1,170,528.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Client Service Manager - Media Planning and Sponsorship PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Account Manager - The Leading Media Agency - PPC Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London