Kenco Rappor signs £1.5m sponsorship of C4 and E4
LONDON - Kenco Rappor is to sponsor a selection of comedy, entertainment and reality programming over the next year on Channel 4 and E4 in a £1.5m deal as part of the coffee brand's 'Live now sleep later' integrated media strategy.
The deal is the biggest broadcast sponsorship contract Kenco parent Kraft Foods has signed and it is the first time Channel 4 has packaged up its content in this way.
Channel 4 sponsorship manager Rob Ramsey said: "This sponsorship illustrates how Channel 4 works with clients to develop highly targeted bespoke solutions to meet the specific needs of a brand."
The deal was negotiated by Andrew Corcoran, sponsorship manager at ZenithOptimedia's sponsorship division Alliance, and Sharon Moore at Channel 4.
Corcoran said: "We have created a strand around Rappor's brand proposition in a deal that goes beyond the usual boundaries of programme or genre deals -- it has given Rappor access to the most exciting comedy and entertainment on British television."
The deal kicks off on February 28 with sponsorship of the second series of 'Derren Brown: Mind Control' on Channel 4.
Other shows included in the deal are 'The People's Book of Records', 'Bo Selecta 2', 'POV TV', 'The Comedy Lab' and 'La Triviata' on the main terrestrial channel, and 'Banzai' and 'The Pilot Show' on E4.
Judi Ainsworth, senior brand manager of mainstream coffee at Kraft Foods, said: "Cutting-edge comedy and entertainment delivers a young, sophisticated and contemporary audience and is a natural association with the Kenco Rappor brand. The strapline, 'TV worth staying awake for' is a direct reference to the nature of the post-watershed programmes -- fresh, irreverent, experimental and sometimes dark comedy and entertainment. For the target audience, these are appointment-to-view, talked-about programmes."
The creative executions have been developed by J Walter Thomson.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)