Hastings Direct signs two-year tennis sponsorship deal
LONDON - Motor insurance firm Hastings Direct is to sponsor the Eastbourne International Championships tennis tournament for the next two years.
Hastings replaces former sponsor Britannic Asset Management, and the deal, beginning this year, sees the name of the women's tennis event changed to the Hastings Direct International Championships.
The deal further extends the insurance brand's association with the sport, as it already sponsors the national winter indoor tournament, the Hastings Direct Tour.
The competition is the second most prestigious event in women's tennis in the UK after Wimbledon.
David Gundlach, chairman and CEO Hastings Direct, said: "It is very fitting that we extend our tennis sponsorship with the addition of an international event that not only attracts world-class players and thousands of spectators but is also situated locally to us."
The deal was negotiated on behalf of Hastings Direct by London-based media agency Capitalize with the Lawn Tennis Association.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury