Hastings Direct signs two-year tennis sponsorship deal
LONDON - Motor insurance firm Hastings Direct is to sponsor the Eastbourne International Championships tennis tournament for the next two years.
Hastings replaces former sponsor Britannic Asset Management, and the deal, beginning this year, sees the name of the women's tennis event changed to the Hastings Direct International Championships.
The deal further extends the insurance brand's association with the sport, as it already sponsors the national winter indoor tournament, the Hastings Direct Tour.
The competition is the second most prestigious event in women's tennis in the UK after Wimbledon.
David Gundlach, chairman and CEO Hastings Direct, said: "It is very fitting that we extend our tennis sponsorship with the addition of an international event that not only attracts world-class players and thousands of spectators but is also situated locally to us."
The deal was negotiated on behalf of Hastings Direct by London-based media agency Capitalize with the Lawn Tennis Association.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...