Appletiser repositions for adults
Appletiser is returning to television screens for the first time in six years, with a £2.2 million relaunch aimed at repositioning the soft drink as a power brand in the adult market.
Created by Vallance Carruthers Coleman Priest, the campaign is the first offering from the agency since it saw off strong challenges from WCRS and two unnamed South African agencies in April to win the contract previously held by DFGW.
The television spot, which breaks on 9 June, will run for a 12-week period and will be supported by promotional activities including sampling at 22 English Heritage concerts and city parks, as well as regional radio competitions.
VCCP's advertising aims to rejuvenate the drink, which was launched in the UK more than 20 years ago. It attempts to establish a distinct positioning in the female market, where it faces competition from rivals such as Aqua Libra, Snapple and Orangina.
The execution depicts sensual young women in post-Appletiser moments, with the statement: "Appletiser ... A moment of pure pleasure."
The drink will be repackaged into standard 330ml cans, rather than bottles, and will be sold in packs of six.
The Appletiser UK brand manager, Gaelle Chamant, said: "Appletiser has been around for more than 20 years and this campaign will ensure we get firmly back on the radar of our target of young women aged 25 to 49.
"The new campaign is edgy and adult, showing that a drink that is healthy can also be sexy, stylish and fun."
Media buying and planning is being handled by Walker Media. There will be a focus on Channel 4's popular evening slots including Big Brother, ER and Will and Grace, which have a largely female audience.
The campaign was written and art directed by Steve Vranakis and John Peacock, and directed by Stuart Douglas through @radical.media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London
- Senior Consultant Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £68K + benefits, South West London