UpMyStreet to stay as uSwitch swoops
UpMyStreet.com, which went into administration in April, will continue to operate as a separate brand and business, says its new owner, uSwitch.com.
The service, which compares household bills and suppliers, bought UpMyStreet.com for under a million pounds and is still on the acquisition trail.
According to Barry Holloway, marketing director at uSwitch. com, the UpMyStreet brand will continue for the "short, medium and, probably, long term".
Holloway added: "We want to assure people that it is business as usual and we will look to maintain the advertising and sponsorship relationships that have been in place. And we will continue to be on the lookout for other purchases that complement the business."
Andrew Salmon, managing director at uSwitch.com, explained: "UpMyStreet supports our planned expansion and is in line with our strategy for achieving growth through acquisition."
UpMyStreet will operate from uSwitch's offices but as a standalone business.
The two dotcoms had already been partners for more than two years.
Salmon added: "There are natural synergies between the two firms, which are both postcode based and provide valuable, impartial, information to consumers. We are excited about the significant opportunities for growth that we expect to arise from our combined strength."
UpMyStreet.com's managing director, Tony Blin-Stoyle, has left, along with the company's founder and chief technology officer, Stefan Magdalinski.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Digital & eCRM Campaign Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)