Nintendo teams up with Vimto for new Pokemon games
LONDON - Games console manufacturer Nintendo has teamed up with drinks brand Vimto to launch a joint summer campaign to promote two new 'Pokemon' games, as well as driving sales of Vimto's fizzy drinks range.
The drive, through Geoff Howe Marketing Communications, involves on-pack promotion on Vimto cans, a roadshow at retail giants Tesco, Asda and Toys R Us, and the creation of a website at liveandunleashed.com to support the joint marketing programme.
The on-pack promotion on Vimto's carbonated drinks involves an instant win competition for a trip to New York. Winning cans will contain an inflatable Pokemon Ruby or Pokemon Sapphire, which will be unleashed when the ring pull is opened.
'Pokemon Ruby' and 'Pokemon Sapphire' launch across Europe on July 25 2003, on the Gameboy Advance. More than 4.4m have been shipped in Japan and 2.2m have been shipped to the US.
Nintendo UK marketing controller Dawn Paine said: "Having sold more than 5m Pokemon games in the UK to date, Pokemon is an unrivalled phenomenon and there is huge anticipation surrounding the forthcoming launch of Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire, particularly among our six- to 12-year-old target audience.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London