Nintendo teams up with Vimto for new Pokemon games
LONDON - Games console manufacturer Nintendo has teamed up with drinks brand Vimto to launch a joint summer campaign to promote two new 'Pokemon' games, as well as driving sales of Vimto's fizzy drinks range.
The drive, through Geoff Howe Marketing Communications, involves on-pack promotion on Vimto cans, a roadshow at retail giants Tesco, Asda and Toys R Us, and the creation of a website at liveandunleashed.com to support the joint marketing programme.
The on-pack promotion on Vimto's carbonated drinks involves an instant win competition for a trip to New York. Winning cans will contain an inflatable Pokemon Ruby or Pokemon Sapphire, which will be unleashed when the ring pull is opened.
'Pokemon Ruby' and 'Pokemon Sapphire' launch across Europe on July 25 2003, on the Gameboy Advance. More than 4.4m have been shipped in Japan and 2.2m have been shipped to the US.
Nintendo UK marketing controller Dawn Paine said: "Having sold more than 5m Pokemon games in the UK to date, Pokemon is an unrivalled phenomenon and there is huge anticipation surrounding the forthcoming launch of Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire, particularly among our six- to 12-year-old target audience.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...