Rathergood kittens to star in Crusha online game
LONDON - Internet legend Joel Veitch, the man behind the mad kittens of rathergood.com, has lent his creations to a new online marketing campaign for Silver Spoon's Crusha milkshake mix brand.
The game is part of a marketing push for the relaunch of Crusha, and is based on television advertising for the brand, created by Walsh Trott Chick Smith. Along with the online game, there is an interactive television campaign where viewers can play the Crusha Cows game on Sky.
The target audience for the brand is 10- to 15-year-old boys. It has an option where players can "cheat" at the game by entering a four-digit code from Crush packaging to get more power for the game, which is found at the Crusha website.
The concept of the game was developed by play agency 3RD sense, which contracted Mousebreaker for the web game and Two Way TV to create the interactive TV game.
Colin Cardwell, director of 3RD sense, said: "It was important for us to develop a game concept that extends the environment of the ad and therefore the branding experience, but also deliver a solution that would assist in measuring the effectiveness of the game in terms of sales."
Veitch's kittens are featured on the Rathergood.com site, where they perform songs such as the White Stripes' "Fell in love with a girl". The site also contains a number of literal interpretations of misheard lyrics, including Destiny's Child singing about Alf Garnett and Madonna crooning that she wants Bill Oddie's hands all over her body.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Copywriter Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London
- Creative Artworker - Reigate ASG £25,000 - £28,000, Reigate
- Senior PR Account Executive / Junior Account Manager AF Selection £20,000 - £23,000, Lincolnshire