Air Miles hires Nexus for consumer comms brief
Loyalty scheme Air Miles has hired Nexus Communications to launch a consumer PR campaign.
Nexus was appointed after a competitive pitch against two undisclosed agencies, on a remit to promote Air Miles, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of British Airways, to the consumer media.
An Air Miles spokesman said the brand wanted to be perceived as a travel company, moving away from its heritage as a loyalty scheme aimed at frequent flyers.
The spokesman added: ‘Air Miles is all about travel and that is our point of difference from other loyalty schemes.’
Fees for the ongoing retainer account are understood to be in the region of £200,000.
In addition to points gained through flying with BA or Air Miles partner airlines, points can be collected through outlets including Shell, NatWest/ Royal Bank of Scotland, Tesco, House of Fraser and Scottish and Southern Energy.
These points can then be redeemed against travel products ranging from flights to package holidays and short-breaks, plus insurance.
A seven-strong Nexus team, led by consumer and business MD Alan Twigg, reports to Air Miles head of comms Claire Keene.
Air Miles this week hired Kim Polley, formerly an account director at Brodeur Worldwide, in a role as partner PR manager.
Last month Air Miles moved its ad account from TBWA/ London to Grey, reportedly boosting its annual marketing spend from £2m to £10m.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...