NEWS: Initiative woos Murphy from the Media Centre to fill director role
Initiative Media has strengthened its senior management line-up by poaching Ita Murphy, a board director at the Media Centre, as its new media director.
Initiative Media has strengthened its senior management line-up by
poaching Ita Murphy, a board director at the Media Centre, as its new
Murphy is the first major mainstream media appointment that Initiative’s
chief executive, Phil Georgiadis, has made from outside the Initiative
Murphy, the director responsible for new business at the Media Centre,
is expected to join Initiative in early October.
She will work alongside Initiative’s two existing media directors, Nick
Daly and Graham Appleby.
Georgiadis said: ‘I remember coming up against Ita in a pitch for
Walkers’ media when I was at WCRS. The Media Centre won the business and
the client said that she had played a significant part in its triumph.’
At Initiative, Murphy will take over responsibility for Van den Bergh
Foods and Birds Eye Wall’s. ‘Ita will help us sharpen our client focus,
while building on our improved buying, research and creative resources,’
Murphy said that it was Georgiadis’s management style that first
attracted her to Initiative: ‘Phil is a visionary bloke and is trying to
do things differently. He’s into total communication and that is
something that really excites me.’
Murphy joined DMB&B’s media department - which became the Media Centre -
in 1989. She led the Media Centre’s successful pitches for Walkers in
1993 and Quaker in 1995 and was promoted to the board in 1994.
The Media Centre has confirmed that it will not be directly replacing
Murphy, but will instead be restructuring its own management line-up
within the next few weeks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury