ITV pulls out all the stops for F1 revamp with Texaco’s pounds 12m
ITV kick-starts a renewed bid to shore up male audiences this weekend with the launch of its coverage of Formula One racing, which is being sponsored by Texaco.
ITV kick-starts a renewed bid to shore up male audiences this
weekend with the launch of its coverage of Formula One racing, which is
being sponsored by Texaco.
The ITV programming breaks on Saturday with a Grand Prix day, including
live coverage of the qualifying races, the Clive James Formula One Show
and a screening of the movie, Grand Prix, starring James Garner. The pop
group, Jamiroquai, has recorded the theme music for the coverage.
The coverage is backed by an LWT ad campaign by Mustoe Merriman Herring
Levy, with media buying by Motive. The campaign includes press work,
which broke this week, and radio ads to air on Capital Radio.
Texaco is putting pounds 12 million behind a three-year deal to sponsor
the live racing programming. The sponsorship credits have been created
by IMP, written by Steve Pickard and art directed by David Harris, IMP’s
creative director. They evoke the speed and excitement of the pit,
showing a high-performance pit stop. Harris said: ’There’s a strong
circular theme running through it which echoes the Texaco logo of a star
within a circle.’
The credits were directed by Darryl Goodrich and produced by Nicholas
Unsworth of Oxford Scientific Films.
Texaco and ITV are hoping that the Formula One coverage will draw in a
strong upmarket male audience. Last year, 83 per cent of ABC1 16- to
34-year-old men watched at least one race.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...