ITV pulls out all the stops for F1 revamp with Texaco’s pounds 12m
ITV kick-starts a renewed bid to shore up male audiences this weekend with the launch of its coverage of Formula One racing, which is being sponsored by Texaco.
ITV kick-starts a renewed bid to shore up male audiences this
weekend with the launch of its coverage of Formula One racing, which is
being sponsored by Texaco.
The ITV programming breaks on Saturday with a Grand Prix day, including
live coverage of the qualifying races, the Clive James Formula One Show
and a screening of the movie, Grand Prix, starring James Garner. The pop
group, Jamiroquai, has recorded the theme music for the coverage.
The coverage is backed by an LWT ad campaign by Mustoe Merriman Herring
Levy, with media buying by Motive. The campaign includes press work,
which broke this week, and radio ads to air on Capital Radio.
Texaco is putting pounds 12 million behind a three-year deal to sponsor
the live racing programming. The sponsorship credits have been created
by IMP, written by Steve Pickard and art directed by David Harris, IMP’s
creative director. They evoke the speed and excitement of the pit,
showing a high-performance pit stop. Harris said: ’There’s a strong
circular theme running through it which echoes the Texaco logo of a star
within a circle.’
The credits were directed by Darryl Goodrich and produced by Nicholas
Unsworth of Oxford Scientific Films.
Texaco and ITV are hoping that the Formula One coverage will draw in a
strong upmarket male audience. Last year, 83 per cent of ABC1 16- to
34-year-old men watched at least one race.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire